ACS Professional Year Program in IT
Apply your university learning in the real-world, acquire new skills and grow your industry network
ACS Professional Year Program in IT was developed by the Australian Computer Society (ACS) to give international information and communications technology (ICT) graduates from Australian universities the skills and training they need to start their career.
We are the only provider approved by ACS to deliver the ACS Professional Year Program in IT across Australia.
ACS Professional Year Program in IT includes:
- 32 weeks of coursework covering Australian work practice, WHS, business communications, job search skills and simulated workplace training.
- 12 week internship
- Free online PTE-A or IELTS English test preparation training
- Free professional development workshops and networking events
- The option to transfer between eight campuses*
- Ongoing career counselling; before and during the program and after graduation
* Subject to availability.
A professional internship placement will provide you with opportunities to apply your university learning in the real-world, acquire new skills and grow your industry network.
We ensure that each host company understands how best to assist you to achieve your professional development goals and we are proud to have placed 100% of our ACS candidates into a professional internship related to ICT.
Some examples of host companies that ACAP Professional Year has successfully placed participants in include the below:
- Upon completion of the program, graduates may be eligible to claim five points toward permanent residency. However, you should note that this is not a guaranteed outcome. For more information, visit the Department of Home Affairs website
- Practical work experience in your field of study
- Professional LinkedIn profile, supplemented by any of 5,000+ LinkedIn Learning courses
- Improved English language skills through delivering presentations, simulated workplace training and your choice of either PTE-A or IELTS English test preparation
- Grow your professional network and join relevant professional associations
- Professional Year Program certificate
The Professional Year Program provides knowledge and supports students to build a foundation on business culture in Australia. Courses are good – especially for business interviews. It is worth it to enrol in the Professional Year Program.
ACS PYP IN HOBART
Proven success rate
I found my host company to be a whole new world where I was able to get practical experience and a better understanding of the Australian workplace
ACS PYP DARWIN
I would recommend the Professional Year Program to IT students as they take into consideration your career preferences. The program is a great way to build your confidence. I now feel confident to try new challenges and this experience will further my career
ACS PYP PERTH
Bring your own device
With an increased use of educational tools throughout the ACAP Professional Year coursework, enrolled participants will need to bring their own device (BYOD e.g. laptops, tablets) during training sessions in order to fulfil work-simulated activities.
- Operating System: Windows 8 Home Edition or later
- Processor: Intel Core i3 / AMD 2.0 Ghz or better
- RAM: Minimum 4 GB, recommended 8GB
- Hard Drive: 128GB SSD (256GB SSD recommended if not using Cloud storage)
- Display: 13 inch full HD (1920 x 1080) with a built-in webcam
- WiFi: 802.1x compliant
- USB Headsets with microphone
- Device must be fully charged
Other important Program information
Grading and assessments
Participants are graded on classroom attendance and participation, assessment tasks and completion of the 12 week internship placement in ICT.
To receive a Professional Year certification, participants must have a 100% attendance record, complete the required assessment tasks and a 12 week internship placement.
Quality and compliance
Our focus on quality ensures you receive the most up-to-date job training and advice, and the maximum benefit from your internship experience.
ACAP is approved by Department of Home Affairs (DHA) and Professional Association (ACS) to offer the ACS Professional Year Program in IT in all states and territories.
- 100% attendance is required by DHA and enforced by ACAP Professional Year
- Our training and assessment practices are fully compliant under ASQA Standards for Registered Training Organisations
- Navitas Professional Training Pty Ltd (trading as ACAP Professional Year) is a registered training organisation RTO: 21663
- All ACAP Professional Year trainers hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or higher, and a minimum Certificate IV in a relevant vocational qualification
- ACAP Professional Year trainers are experienced working in the Australian workplace and provide excellence in teaching adults utilising best practice adult learning techniques
- Account Managers interview all applicants to assess suitability for the program and internship placements
- Internship Placement Consultants perform a minimum of one workplace progress assessment during each internship
- All ACAP Professional Year graduates are surveyed for student satisfaction on completion of the Professional Year Program
To qualify for the ACS Professional Year Program in IT, you must:
- have completed an undergraduate or postgraduate award in an IT Major in Australia and meet the applicable Australian Study Requirement (ASR) prior to commencement
- hold or applied for a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485, either stream) with at least 12 months’ validity or hold an eligible Secondary Visa with work and study rights with at least 12 months’ validity
- have at least a PTE-A score of 50 in all categories or overall IELTS score of 6.0 across all four competencies or equivalent
- have undertaken a pre-enrolment interview
To check eligibility, visit the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) website.
STILL NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Give ACAP a call to discuss your options