Apply your university learning in the real-world, acquire new skills and grow your industry network
44 weeks, including 12-week internship (part-time placement only required)
$11,250 full fee
$8,750 with scholarship and discount
Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Darwin, Hobart, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney
See Visa Information
Multiple dates available
The Accounting Professional Year Program was developed by CPA Australia, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA) and the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA). The program is designed to provide international accounting graduates from Australian universities the opportunity to develop the skills and training they need to start their career.
We are an approved provider by the professional accounting bodies to deliver the Accounting Professional Year Program across all states and territories.
The Accounting Professional Year Program includes:
- 32 weeks of coursework covering Australian work practice, WHS, business communications, job search skills and simulated workplace training.
- 12-week internship, part-time placement only required. Minimum of 21.5 hours per week. Total of 250 hours over 12 weeks.
- Free online PTE-A or IELTS English test preparation training
- Free professional development workshops and networking events
- The option to transfer between eight campuses*
- Ongoing career counselling; before and during the program and after graduation
- Click here for more detailed information about Professional Year Program coursework.
*Subject to availability.
A professional internship placement will provide you with opportunities to apply your university learning in the real-world, acquire new skills and grow your industry network.
We ensure that each host company understands how best to assist you to achieve your professional development goals and we are proud to have placed 100% of our Accounting Professional Year candidates into a professional internship related to accounting.
Some examples of host companies that ACAP Professional has successfully placed participants in include the below:
- Upon completion of the program, graduates may be eligible to claim five points toward permanent residency. However, you should note that this is not a guaranteed outcome. For more information, visit the Department of Home Affairs website
- Practical work experience in your field of study
- Professional LinkedIn profile, supplemented by any of 5,000+ LinkedIn Learning courses
- Improved English language skills through delivering presentations, simulated workplace training and your choice of either PTE-A or IELTS English test preparation
- Grow your professional network and join relevant professional associations
- Professional Year Program certificate
I am thankful to the Professional Year Program for helping me secure my internship with the host company and to Blackbird for believing in and supporting me throughout the process and offering me a role as an accountant.
ACCOUNTING PYP IN DARWIN
Proven success rate
Enrolling into the Professional Year Program turned out to be one of the wisest decisions I have ever made.
ACCOUNTING PYP IN BRISBANE
This program gave me great insights in regards to what the Australian workforce is like, and prepared me for real life scenarios. It developed my workplace skills and communication, and diversified my knowledge of what to expect after I graduate.
Kisheetra Revi Chandren
ACCOUNTING PYP IN PERTH
Bring your own device
With an increased use of educational tools throughout the ACAP Professional Year coursework, enrolled participants will need to bring their own device (BYOD e.g. laptops, tablets) during training sessions in order to fulfil work-simulated activities.
- Operating System: Windows 8 Home Edition or later
- Processor: Intel Core i3 / AMD 2.0 Ghz or better
- RAM: Minimum 4 GB, recommended 8GB
- Hard Drive: 128GB SSD (256GB SSD recommended if not using Cloud storage)
- Display: 13 inch full HD (1920 x 1080) with a built-in webcam
- WiFi: 802.1x compliant
- USB Headsets with microphone
- Device must be fully charged
Other important Program information
Grading and assessments
Participants are graded on classroom attendance and participation, assessment tasks and completion of the 12 week internship placement in accounting.
To receive a Professional Year certification, participants must have a 100% attendance record, complete the required assessment tasks and a 12 week internship placement.
Quality and compliance
Our focus on quality ensures you receive the most up-to-date job training and advice, and the maximum benefit from your internship experience.
We are approved by Department of Home Affairs (DHA) and Professional Associations (CPA, CA & IPA) to offer the Accounting Professional Year Program in all states and territories.
- 100% attendance is required by DHA and enforced by ACAP Professional Year
- Our training and assessment practices are fully compliant under ASQA Standards for Registered Training Organisations
- Navitas Professional Training Pty Ltd, (trading as ACAP Professional Year), is a registered training organisation RTO: 21663
- All trainers hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or higher, and a minimum Certificate IV in a relevant vocational qualification
- Our trainers are experienced working in the Australian workplace and provide excellence in teaching adults utilising best practice adult learning techniques
- Account Managers interview all applicants to assess suitability for the program and internship placements
- Internship Placement Consultants perform a minimum of one workplace progress assessment during each internship
- All graduates are surveyed for student satisfaction on completion of the Professional Year Program
To qualify for the Accounting Professional Year Program, you must:
- have completed an undergraduate or postgraduate award in Accounting, as a result of at least two years* full-time study in Australia
*Two academic years is defined as being at least 92 weeks according to the CRICOS registration of full time study
- hold or applied for a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485, either stream) with at least 12 months’ validity or hold an eligible Secondary Visa with work and study rights with at least 12 months’ validity
- have a minimum IELTS score of 6.0, in each band, or equivalent score from PTE-A (score of 50), TOEFL iBT or Cambridge Advanced English
- have undertaken a pre-enrolment interview
To check eligibility, visit the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) website.
STILL NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Speak to a course adviser about an Accounting Professional Year Program